• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chip Kelly is officially...

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I saw on the tickler on ESPN that they were talking with them. Honestly unsure if I want a coach who committed NCAA violations (tried that once with Pell). I rather go with Frost who knows how to recruit here in Florida.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I saw on the tickler on ESPN that they were talking with them. Honestly unsure if I want a coach who committed NCAA violations (tried that once with Pell). I rather go with Frost who knows how to recruit here in Florida.

Frost coached under Kelly, so I would prefer to get the master before the student, or at least try first. The reason is that the master in this case, Chip Kelly, is more likely to bring in a more complete coaching staff. I would be happy with Frost, but I would encourage him to bring a large contingent of his coaching tree, and pay those assistants well enough to encourage them to stick together. Chip Kelly has learned from his NCAA violations and understands that if he returns he will be under a high degree of scrutiny--even more so in the SEC.

Escambia94

Not that this will help, but the original source for this article and a few others has since retracted that article. Nobody knows which direction Chip Kelly is leaning right now--not even Chip Kelly. He is reclusive and elusive, and is prone to change his mind. That being said, try not to lose sleep over this until Chip signs a contract with Florida. Or UCLA. Or ESPN.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I like him as a Coach.
Not so sure as OUR Coach.
(Tend to agree about the "Master/desciple" distinction, tho--IF that's what it comes down to.)
More and more, unless someone who is clearly "The Right Man at The Right Time in The Right Place" emerges, we consider my "Hold in place with Shannon" option for now. MAY in fact already be the developing defacto "go to play" solidifying in-situ, before our eyes.
May also easily turn out to be a disastrous cop-out. One we end up waffling our way into with cowardly rationalizing and indecision.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
It's official not going to be a Gators coach. Frost is the main guy now. Heck Charlie probably wins if Frost goes to UF because he get to build up the USF program and UCF will need to find a new head coach (then again Ponzi U and UGA had to find new coaches two seasons ago and hired Richt and Smart).

Escambia94

Scott Stricklin advised us to not believe all the news reports, so I will not. For all we know, Stricklin is negotiating with coaches other than Chip Kelly and Scott Frost, and is letting the media spin itself up over nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema