• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

calathes to timberwolves

FLAGator

Gator Fan
Wolves trade Calathes to Dallas

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2009-06-26-2798463215_x.htm
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Timberwolves have traded second-round pick Nick Calathes to the Dallas Mavericks for a 2010 second-round pick and cash considerations.

The Wolves selected the Florida guard with the 45th overall pick. But with first-rounders Ricky Rubio, Jonny Flynn and Wayne Ellington already coming to a jam-packed roster, the Wolves really didn't have room for Calathes this season.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Geez guys take it easy on the kid. I think he should have stayed for his own benefit, but I wish him nothing but the best of luck in the future.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Dallas is a good fit for Calathes and they got great value for a mid second round pick. He'll definitely still play in Greece, but can join the Mavs in 2010-2011. By drafting him, don't they hold the rights to Calathes?

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I think I heard that the rights to him only last for a year.

The Mavs hold Calathes' right indefinitely. They can terminate their rihts to his contract whenever they'd like. He could play overseas for a year and then try to make it in the NBA, or he could do like players such as Gibobili did and play overseas for 3 years after being drafted to make sure he is ready to contribute right away in the NBA.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Calathes Decides To Play In Greece

Posted: 10:21 pm EDT June 29, 2009

Former Lake Howell and Florida Gators standout Nick Calathes told Channel 9 that he made his decision to honor his contract with Greece and play overseas. Calathes was selected 45th overall in the 2009 NBA draft by the Minnesota Timberwolves and then traded to the Dallas Mavericks.
Prior to Thursday's draft, Calathes agreed to a 2 year deal with an option for a third that would pay him $3.5 million dollars with Euroleague team Panathinaikos. Both he and the Mavericks thought it would be best for the guard to play in Europe where he'll get more playing time to sharpen his skills.
ORIGIN....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema