• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brissett gets his shot

News Bot

News Bot
There is one thing you can say about this Florida team. It is predictable. In fact, you pretty much know what’s going to happen every week. The offense is going to come out in the first half and look like it’s never going to score. The defense and special teams are going to be strong and keep the Gators in the game. Then, somehow, in the second half the offense comes up with just enough plays for the Gators to win yet again.
It’s not always pretty, but it’s hard to argue with the results. The Gators a 9-1 and ranked No. 7 in the country and sixth in the BCS Standings.
I thought that predictable mold would be shattered last week against what had been a pretty lousy Louisiana-Lafayette defense. I thought the Gators would break out of their offensive funk and treat themselves and their fans to a nice, relaxing romp in The Swamp. But, of course, it didn’t happen.
This week it’s going to happen. And not just because the Gators are facing a defense that is even more porous than Louisiana’s. I just have a feeling Jacoby Brissett starting at quarterback in place of the injured Jeff Driskel is going to provide the kind of spark the offense has so desperately needed.
Brissett is not the runner Driskel is, so you can put away those designed quarterback runs this week. What Brissett does do well is see the entire field and make quick reads in the passing game. I just have a feeling that with Brissett under center, Brent Pease is going to expand the downfield passing game and the Gators are going to have success throwing the ball. That, in turn, is going to create some opportunities in the running game with tailback Mike Gillislee, who has been running into eight-man defensive fronts week after week.
So, I’m predicting a spark from Brissett and a relaxing, feel-good game for the Gators. And it comes at the perfect time — the week before Florida has to go to Tallahassee (I have some positive early vibes about that game, too, but more on that next week).
Prediction: Florida 41, Jacksonville State 10

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema