• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Boynton unsure of future

News Bot

News Bot
Add Florida junior shooting guard Kenny Boynton to the list of Florida players unsure about their return next season.
Boynton replied with a short “I don’t know” when asked if he intended to come back for his senior year.
The former McDonald’s All-American from Pompano Beach is leading the Gators in scoring at 16.8 points per game. But his scoring has tailed off considerably in Southeastern Conference play. Of Boynton’s 12 20-point games this season, only three have come in the SEC. Boynton has averaged just 9.7 points per game during UF’s current three-game losing streak.
Boynton developed a reputation as a defensive stopper last season, but his defense on the perimeter has been more inconsistent this season.
“I think I’ve overall a good job when I’ve had matchups,” Boynton said. “We played a lot of zone this year so I wouldn’t say I had the same matchups that I had last year. I’ve guarded guys the same way I did last year.”
Where would Boynton go if he leaves? In Boynton’s NBA draft profile, NBAdraft.net compares the 6-foot-2 guard to Tony Delk. “Was a top 10 recruit throughout his high school career, but due to positional issues his pro outlook isn’t as bright as his high school and college career appear to be,” the website said of Boynton. “Much more of a small 2 than a true point guard. Awkward, herky jerky looking shot (shoots from right above his forehead).”
The website also praised Boynton for his speed, athletic ability and ability to score in bunches. But it also said that it’s still unclear whether Boynton could play point guard at the next level. Boynton has spelled Erving Walker at point guard at times during his three-year college career. “His vision and passing skills are very average for a floor general,” the website said. “Ball handling is decent but can also improve.”
The website does not have Boynton projected to go in the first or second round of its 2012 NBA mock draft.
Last month, freshman Florida guard Bradley Beal said he hasn’t decided whether he will return for his sophomore season. NBAdraft.net rates Beal as the eighth overall pick in the first round (Milwaukee Bucks) in its 2012 mock draft.
— Beal has been mired in a 3 for 16 slump from 3-point range and is shooting just 31.8 percent from 3-point range this season. He hasn’t made more than two 3-pointers in a game since going 3-of-4 from 3-point range Jan. 28 against Mississippi State. Beal shot more than 44 percent from 3-point range in his senior year in high school. “I’m really surprised,” Beal said, when asked about his long-range shooting woes. “At the same time, there’s nothing I can do about it but just keep shooting the ball. I’m really staying in the gym, coach is working with me. I’m just doing my best to try to knock down shots.”

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema