• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Boring Week My A@#!!!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
1) Georgia was finally tested by Tennessee, which by comparison, our Gators performed a whole lot better, and Georgia was at home while we were in a sold out Vol stadium. You could say Mich St was Georgias first test, but they proved to be another pre-season over ranked team. I would be surprised if they don't take a rank hit for this in the polls, LSU did from their Auburn performance.

2) FSU (as of half-time), is leading USF but they have worked for every inch of it, which offensively doesn't surprise me cause of BJ Daniels, but USF's defense proved that both FSU and Clemson are over ranked.

3) LSU (as 2:52 before half) is struggling against Towson, which I had a feeling LSU wasn't a true #3 team when they struggled against an already hurting Auburn. This could be huge into what our Gators are watching on film to adjust accordingly. I'm already predicting 28-7 Florida

4) South Carolina (as of half) is getting curb stomped by Kentucky, which we shut out. This is another huge game since South Carolina and Georgia are the real only contenders for our division. If they lose, they can almost count on not going to Atlanta.

I'll update after games are over, biggest thing I'm seeing though, like every season that gets close to October, everyone is seeing who is who and teams are finally being tested, upset, and the better teams usually emerge from October with the record and rankings they deserve. We take on #3, #4, #5, and #6 this year. But these ranks are as of now, don't count on some of these teams being true Top 10 teams.

Awesome week even though I don't get to see my Gators on the field, a lot of things happening and even more to come. Lets hope for healthy players, good film sessions and a solid momentum to demolish LSU at home and take back the Rivalry.

Go Gators.

PS - be careful when you say or think, "boring week of football" lol

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I think the Gators have a good chance against LSU especially since they couldn't handle Towson that well. They could go undefeated (again could). Also you forgot a couple of Big 12 shootouts with Baylor-WVU and UTexas-OKST.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Yes, we can definitely beat lsu. They are highly over rated this year.

Fsu, tired of hearing about them. I hope they stay undefeated until we beat them!

Uga v TENN, a classic sec rivalry. Can't compared our games because no matter how good or bad either one of us are, by the time we are in Jacksonville its gonna be a game, always is...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, a lot of "reality checks" for both teams in the 2nd half of SEVERAL SEC games Saturday--and more evidence of why you wanna be "a SECOND half team", rather than "off to a quick start", if you have to be one or the other. The superior teams eventually come through, generally, and I'm glad we seem to be among the tougher, "hang in, adjust and GET IT DONE" teams, though I'd be happy to see us come out a little stronger, more ready to play from the start, especially against the more well-balanced, supposed "elite teams" (though clearly some at least are over-rated, maybe DUE for a fall) we'll be facing on our schedule in the month or so ahead. One thing I AM more confident about is that when healthy and prepared, we are every bit a team ready to compete in that company. This is a different team than last year's, and none of our October foes now strike me as anything LIKE over-powering compared to US.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Well, a lot of "reality checks" for both teams in the 2nd half of SEVERAL SEC games Saturday--and more evidence of why you wanna be "a SECOND half team", rather than "off to a quick start", if you have to be one or the other. The superior teams eventually come through, generally, and I'm glad we seem to be among the tougher, "hang in, adjust and GET IT DONE" teams, though I'd be happy to see us come out a little stronger, more ready to play from the start, especially against the more well-balanced, supposed "elite teams" (though clearly some at least are over-rated, maybe DUE for a fall) we'll be facing on our schedule in the month or so ahead. One thing I AM more confident about is that when healthy and prepared, we are every bit a team ready to compete in that company. This is a different team than last year's, and none of our October foes now strike me as anything LIKE over-powering compared to US.
Agree 100%

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Here is the way I see it, we have a young team Offensively, and we've had hiccups at the beginning of almost every game this year. BUT .... I think our guys going to College Station, only 2nd game of the season, in front of that hostile crowd let them see what it's like to have a bad start, on the road, and how to calm down and settle into getting the job done. Another tough crowd was Tennessee, had fewer hiccups, and played from behind to rally back with our Offense. Kentucky was just Kentucky

My point is, our Offense has to know by now that they have what it takes to get it done, and now they are looking more and more calm each game. We are recognizing who are the "go-to playmakers" and truthfully, we have a lot more than I thought we did. With Pease running the Offense, count on him to dial up each one to keep LSUs defense guessing, and Driskle has realized he can trust the pocket, and if all else fails, "tebow it".

LSU is going to be the game that puts our team onto path. I feel like our guys have been unsure, undecided, and second guessing themselves with what they can achieve all year. This game will put Atlanta in their mind.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
LSU is definitely beatable, but I remain cautiously optimistic. The Mad Hatter could easily be baiting the Gators into a trap of complacency. Or, his team is having issues. Either way, this the Gators' test of whether they really belong in the top 10.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
LSU is definitely beatable, but I remain cautiously optimistic. The Mad Hatter could easily be baiting the Gators into a trap of complacency. Or, his team is having issues. Either way, this the Gators' test of whether they really belong in the top 10.

The Gators better be pumped, it's the number four team in the country they're playing against. You have to be pumped playing against a top five team.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Clearly I think we all have a pretty good grasp and perspective on our strengths as a team, the weaknesses we've shown thus far, and though have learned from them and improved, must continue to work on. I'm going to assume the team as a whole understands this at least as well--and the coaches will make damn sure they do everything necessary to prepare and take it to the next level for our return to the Swamp. I don't think we'll have to worry about whether or not they're "pumped"--I only hope that beyond, around and underneath the high-flying excitement I'm sure you'll see in both squads at the start, underneath ours is fueled by the kind of narrow-eyed, jaw-set determined kind of energy that carries us forward and grows as the game goes on. Against teams like LSU with more experienced depth than ours, it is the growing mutual trust among coaches and players, strength drawn from motivation, determination and self-discipline (not to mention our superior conditioning, which is turning out to be a real wildcard for us this season) that are our "edge" in a game like this one. If we really do get most of our injured back at or near 100%, the growing feeling that a "Top Five" team like LSU is one we can play with, and ultimately beat, becomes more and more real. Instead of a thin hope we psych ourselves up for in order to have any chance, it now becomes a reachable goal: It'll take our best game so far, but we can DO this--that's how far we've come already this year.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I keep remembering that the Gators were 4-0 last year, 2-0 in the SEC, ranked #15/16 with wins over unranked UT and UK. In 2010 the Gators were 4-0, 2-0 in the SEC, ranked #9/10, with wins over unranked UT and UK.

The difference this year is that the Gators are 4-0, 2-0 in the SEC, but are 1-0 against a ranked team (barely), and 1-0 against teams that should be ranked (aTm will probably get ranked by the end of the season), and the Gators look a lot better when they need to. We saw this in the Orange and Blue Debut--the Gators looked slow in the first half and then erupted in the second half. Coach Muschamp simply said "this is who we are". Now we look at four consecutive games where the Gators look slow in the first half and then wake up in the second half. This is who they are, but how well does this work against a much bigger, stronger, and deeper LSU team?

I have reason to believe that this year the Gators are better than both of the previous Gator teams, and that this year's LSU team is not as good as last year's. They might be as good as the 2010 LSU team that the Gators lost to 29-33. This leads me to believe the 2012 Gators have a good chance of winning this game, but if they do it will not be due to some comparison to years past. This team needs to find something on the field on Saturday that it found against aTm and Tennessee, but do more of that--execute well in all phases of the game. LSU also thrives by starting off slow before clicking in the second half. The Gators need to not suck as bad as LSU has in the first half, AND erupt in the second half better than the LSU team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema