• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Best Gator Team of All-Time

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Over the past few weeks, the Gainesville Sun has been counting down the Top 25 Gator teams of all time... from any sport. Today they announced their No. 1 team: the <a href="http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20090625/ARTICLES/906249905/1136?Title=Top-25-Gator-teams-1-br-2006-07-Men-s-basketball"2006-2007 Men's basketball team</a>. You remember them, right? The 04's that all came back to try and repeat as National Champions... and then they did it!

The top 5 teams the Gainesville Sun listed are:

No. 1 - 2006-2007 Men's Basketball
No. 2 - 1996 Football
No. 3 - 2008 Football
No. 4 - 2005-2006 Men's Basketball
No. 5 - 1998 Women's Soccer

it's hard to argue the No. 1 team they selected, however, if the 2009 Football team wins a National Championship I might move them to No. 1. Even with the loss of Percy Harvin, this football team has an insane amount of talent... led by Tim Tebow of course.

The other 5 spots are all championship teams. I might have put the 2006 Football team ahead of Women's Soccer just because I don't care for soccer. No one in the world gave the 2006 Football team a shot at beating Ohio State, yet they went in there an destroyed the No. 1 team.

So what's your take on the top 5 Gator teams of all-time? How would you rank them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema