• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Auburn prediction time

News Bot

News Bot
As brutal as the last two weeks have been for the Gators, they’re still solidly in the race in the SEC’s Eastern Division. To stay in it, they’re going to have to find a way to win at Auburn, where a lot better Florida teams than this one have tasted defeat in the past.
It’s a do-or-die game for the Gators.
Unfortunately for Florida, I see this being a Dyer game for the Tigers.
Let’s face it, we’re going into the seventh game of the season and the Gators are what they are on defense. They can’t tackle, can’t stop the run, can’t prevent teams from going up and down the field on them, can’t create turnovers or big negative plays.
I see a defensive meltdown happening again at Auburn. Tailback Michael Dyer is a big, fast, powerful tailback and he’ll be running through the Gator defense for most of the night. Once that’s established, AU will be able to throw on the Gators. We’ve seen a similar scenario the past two weeks.
Auburn’s defense is more porous than Florida’s. The problem is the Gators’ offense, led by a true freshman quarterback, isn’t good enough to take advantage of it. The Gators just don’t seem capable of scoring many points, no matter what kind of defense they’re going against.
This summer I did a blog on this four-game October stretch pointing out that it was tough but doable, and the Gators had a good chance of winning two or three of the games. After watching UF get manhandled in the losses to Alabama and LSU, I now have a pretty strong feeling the Gators are going to go 0-for-October.
Prediction: Auburn 31, Florida 21.

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
These "Tigers" are NOTHING to be feared--this is one of those times when the old FDR quote really does apply:
"We have nothing to fear--but FEAR itself!"
We can and SHOULD beat this Auburn team--and if we'd played them right after KY I believe we would have done so easily. NOW we just have to get a win, learn HOW to win again, show ourselves that we CAN do it--and Auburn happens to be the so-so SEC team standing in our way.
DAMN, I wish we had some senior leadership! That's what we need right now, but it isn't there. I'm not going to go off here on all that we lost when Brantley went down or how we got into this situation in the first place (that's a rant unto itself that must target the last Head Coach almost entirely for the short-sited deals-with-the-Devil he made), but it leaves everything in the hands of the coaches to prepare the team practically and emotionally, and on the shoulders of a few young underclassmen to grow up NOW. It begins in practice, the others getting used to hearing their calls and directions, and seeing them giving all they have to raise not only their game but those of everyone around them--so that when things get crazy in-game they have a "center", a familiar rallying point. LEADERS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema