• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anybody worried about Kentucky next week?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I saw that they got away with a victory last year and I think the Wildcats haven't forgotten about that either. Plus the performance against East Carolina and their win against Spurrier's boys I'm concern. Also the fact the game is at Kentucky. Anybody else worried? Though good news is UT lost.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The way Florida played yesterday, I am worried about everyone except Vanderbilt and Florida Atlantic. One of the QBs needs to step up. They are not going to continue completing 70% of their passes much longer. Harris has not shown what it takes to be anything better than a 50% completion passer in the SEC. We do not know enough about Grier to determine whether he will be a 60% completion passer in the SEC. Kelvin Taylor still dances in the backfield rather than hit the hole which hurts the run game. Jordan Scarlett and Jordan Cronkrite are going to surpass Taylor. Until the pass game and run game are fixed, I will worry about the every game this season other than Vanderbilt and Florida Atlantic. Winning ugly is not supposed to be the norm in Gainesville. Under Muschamp, winning ugly implied sheer luck on offense, strong defense, and some luck on special teams or defense. This needs to end under McElwain, which is why I fully support him chewing out the team on national television.

Last edited:

awebbf5

VIP Member
I'm very worried. Me and two buddies drove from lexington to Gainesville last year for that horrendous performance. Not going to the game this year because I feel we get beat and don't want to be there for it. If we lose I will have to delete facebook. I hope Mac has our team focused for this game and after our sorry performance against ecu, we will come out firing on all cylinders.

Escambia94

I'm very worried. Me and two buddies drove from lexington to Gainesville last year for that horrendous performance. Not going to the game this year because I feel we get beat and don't want to be there for it. If we lose I will have to delete facebook. I hope Mac has our team focused for this game and after our sorry performance against ecu, we will come out firing on all cylinders.

You have to delete Facebook after a loss? Which teams are we not allowed to lose to?

I disable Facebook for a week whenever we face Georgia or FSU, just because I know that those jerks only have a 1-day memory.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Another reason to worry, Coach Mac demoted Kelvin Taylor to THIRD STRING. Yelling OK but really? Plus this ain't the Kentucky of old. Not to mention, they will be angry for losing that game last year and they have the home field advantage. Maybe second string but go against them with a freshman starting? Not to mention whose the QB.

awebbf5

VIP Member
You have to delete Facebook after a loss? Which teams are we not allowed to lose to?

I disable Facebook for a week whenever we face Georgia or FSU, just because I know that those jerks only have a 1-day memory.

Lol my facebook would be lit up like a Christmas tree

Escambia94

Sports writers are picking Kentucky, but statisticians are siding with Florida:

• Kentucky Total Defense Rank: #102
  • Florida Total Offense Rank: #31
  • Advantage: Florida

• Florida Total Defense Rank: #24 (with #3 rush Defense with 51 yds allowed!)
  • Kentucky Total Offense Rank: #68

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I saw that they got away with a victory last year and I think the Wildcats haven't forgotten about that either. Plus the performance against East Carolina and their win against Spurrier's boys I'm concern. Also the fact the game is at Kentucky. Anybody else worried? Though good news is UT lost.
MORE than "worried"... See my comments elsewhere here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sports writers are picking Kentucky, but statisticians are siding with Florida:

• Kentucky Total Defense Rank: #102
  • Florida Total Offense Rank: #31

• Florida Total Defense Rank: #24 (with #3 rush Defense with 51 yds allowed!)
  • Kentucky Total Offense Rank: #68
Got a bad feelin' on this one. Like we're "due", in a negative way, far as this " streak" goes. Of course, like you, E-, I've got a "bad feeling" bout just about every game left this season, to varying degrees.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hope the same, but not so sure we're that TEAM yet, the one with pride and poise we're gonna eventually be under Mac--a group that DOESN'T accept mediocrity, that'd be embarrassed THEMSELVES by last week's performance(s).
As I've noted elsewhere on our site here, I'm thinking this could EASILY be the year...even after Coach calling 'em out, individually and as a team. The postgame revelations bout how he saw and reacted to "signs" all week leading up to that last one, and it STILL didn't change much in terms of overall behavior, well, it's gonna get us beat, and beat BAD, by even relatively "mid-pack" SEC teams, deep down we ALL know it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another reason to worry, Coach Mac demoted Kelvin Taylor to THIRD STRING. Yelling OK but really? Plus this ain't the Kentucky of old. Not to mention, they will be angry for losing that game last year and they have the home field advantage. Maybe second string but go against them with a freshman starting? Not to mention whose the QB.
I happen to believe this may well be the kind of "tough medicine" the Coach HAS to force on them to change the mindset and regain balance and control on this collection of dysfunctional individuals if it is EVER to once more truly be a "team".
And he's been employing just this approach for sometime, btw: Notice how our best WR, Robinson, is listed third on the depth chart? Same deal. Taylor's got ALL the skills, talent, potential, but he continues to "pussyfoot" around back there, elude nothing but his own potential--and meanwhile, as E- points out, at RB at least we have some hungry, MEGA talented young guys chompin' at the bit to get carries, begim to learn and shine out there. The Scarlet kid especially is "THIS close" to taking Taylor's spot for real, just based on drive, talent and the flashes of sheer natural instinct we've already begun to see. Kelvin better smarten up FAST, react to his seeming "demotion" with humility and determination, begin to SHOW what he's got DURING plays, in every carry...the show boating, dancing arpund behind the line of scrimmage, the overall sense of "I'm the guy now"-entitlement, that has got to go. Don't know where it started (gotta believe its got his dad shakin' his head back home!), but on a team where a lot fewer-than-we're-used-to uber-talent have all mainly continued to underachieve, he may be the biggest let down of all so far. Here's hoping he turns it around, is a LEADER BY EXAMPLE rest of the way. If he goes into " sulk mode", like has tended to happen with guys last few seasons, I'd support Mac sittin' him entirely. Who we are, what we can and WILL eventually BE has to be put ahead of wins'n'losses now--If ever there was a time for it, and a time when he could and SHOULD see it that way, it is here and now, THIS season. And that's what I think Coach Mac is doing, both overtly and covertly.

Escambia94

E94 thanks for the stats but teams still has to play the games. Otherwise USC PAC12 would have won in 2006 title.
The stats just show us that we should wait until we play our first SEC game before we jump off the ledge. ESPN Gameday analysts are buying into the Kentucky hype, but the SEC Network analysts and the Vegas statisticians are not.

Escambia94

Here is another look at the Kentucky game from one of the pros: http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/pds-postulations-thoughts-on-the-uk-game-florida-gators/

Now that I had time to watch the game twice, I can agree that the Gator Nation was a bit over-worried about the Gators' performance against Kentucky:
  • The score should have been 31-9 against the best team Kentucky has fielded in a very long time.
  • Patrick Towles is the best QB the Wildcats have started in a long time. He threw for over 3000 yards in his first season as a starter, and is consistently on the SEC academic honor roll. He is the first UK QB I can recall who was a Gatorade player of the year and Parade All American (Jared Lorenzen may have been another, but I am too lazy to look it up.)
  • This Stoops-led defense is the best defense the Wildcats have placed on a field in a very long time.
  • Will Grier dropped back to pass on 36 plays, with 2 of those resulting in him being sacked, and 12 of those he was forced to scramble. The experts looked at his scrambling plays and only noticed one that he definitely should have waited and thrown to the #1 receiver. The others were justified scrambles with a bad pocket.
  • Grier had a clean pocket on 22 of 36 passing plays, and he completed 13 of 22 passing attempts. Those 12 plays without a clean pocket are where he shares the blame with the right side of the offensive line. If the coaches can fix that side of the line, Grier will likely complete 65% of his passes, and will likely increase his passing yardage 33% to something just under 200 yards a game, and the running backs should be able to more than double their running output from a paltry 65 yards per game to something closer to 150 yards per game. The analysis shows the OL only got a push on 12 of 23 running plays.
    • Passing plays: 36. Clean pocket: 22. Completions: 13.
    • Running plays: 23. Clean push: 12.
    • QB scrambles: 12.
  • In short: this Kentucky team was the best one the Gators have played in a long time, but they needed help from the referees to stay within one point of this mediocre Gator team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema