• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anybody saw the espn article about Meyer's last 3 years?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Usually I post the article eventually I will but not now. About how the team eroded in three years give or take. However one of the reasons for the champs to chumps is the fact that Meyer and company recruited a pocket passer in John Brantley instead of Tyrod Taylor who was a five star recruit and currently a NFL QB and where's Brantley now? Well the recruiting Brantley instead of Taylor isn't on the article but it could have been. Plus Meyer not adjusting his play book to Brantley's strengths was a mistake though according to the article Meyer didn't have the energy to said hi to his players so I doubt he would have the energy to adjust his play book.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Usually I post the article eventually I will but not now. About how the team eroded in three years give or take. However one of the reasons for the champs to chumps is the fact that Meyer and company recruited a pocket passer in John Brantley instead of Tyrod Taylor who was a five star recruit and currently a NFL QB and where's Brantley now? Well the recruiting Brantley instead of Taylor isn't on the article but it could have been. Plus Meyer not adjusting his play book to Brantley's strengths was a mistake though according to the article Meyer didn't have the energy to said hi to his players so I doubt he would have the energy to adjust his play book.
Yeah, man--TOTALLY immersed in that one: Tried to call everyone's attention to it in my comments on another thread I started earlier in the week here:
If ya wanna know/remember/be clear on exactly how far we've fallen, where we are and how we GOT here (and yeah, it DID happen "FAST", even in modern college football "fickle fate" terms), ya just GOTTA read that article. Shoot, we all "knew" it, least generally speaking--you could SEE it, was happening in front of our faces...but this confirms, highlights and fills in the facts and details. It'll go off the rails with thr Poison Nuts too, eventually--but really, that just doesn't matter yhat much to me. I just wanna see our "return"--and thos tome get it righr, DO it right. (And btw: Does anyone doubt we wouldn't have won it all at least once anyway, with almost ANY halfway decent HC at the helm, with #15 in there???)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema