• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Another Transfer, and other Gator news and notes

travisduncan

Gator Fan
-Redshirt freshman tight end Michael McFarland is a goner from the Florida Gators football team. He will be the sixth player to transfer since Muschamp took over in January.

McFarland never played a game for the Gators.

Devastating no.

Interesting Yes.

Will Muschamp, the administrator, is clearly sending out a signal, do things our way or leave, or if you aren't going to be a part of our offensive philosophy a transfer might be in order. We don't know what is said, or in what ways that is communicated.

In McFarland's case he was not expected to be a major contributor. In the SEC, the scholarship and roster spots seem to have tremendous value-so not many will be shedding a tear for McFarland's departure.

What we want to know is what makes a guy want to transfer in July as oppossed to after Spring Practice or even earlier?

By this time, Muschamp and the UF Communications staff have a template form letter ready to go for transfers. Friday's version went as follows:

"Michael and I have come to the conclusion that it is in his best interest to transfer from the University of Florida. We wish him the best as he continues his career somewhere else."

-A trio of Gator defensive players, Jonathan Bostic, Jeremy Brown and Jaye Howard were named to the 2011 College Football Performance Defensive Awards Watch List, the organization announced Wednesday.

-The Twitter and Facebook pages of student-athletes will tell you more about an individual in one glance than an entire 4-years worth of traditional media interviews will.

With that being said, I have compiled a list of Gators on Facebook and Twitter. I'll update this list as needed as the season and summer progresses or as more players join the two main social networking websites.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
"Devastating no. Interesting yes."

OK. We're with you: all the questions you raise here are ones that I'm guessing a lot of Gators (and just about EVERYONE here at "The Envy"--starting with myself!) would love answered. Any clues you wish to share? It sure seems there is a "clear signal being sent", but so far we're left guessing as to its true nature.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I see this as a clear message that MusChomp has a good vision of what his 2012 team will look like even if it means shedding some slots in 2011. Be patient, be prepared for some losses in 2011, but he has his eyes on the future. He cannot afford to waste scholarship slots on dead weight, troublemakers, underperformers, or those just don't have their hearts in Gainesville.

robdog

Gator Fan
He is trying to put his "mark" on the program. I am really happy to see him cleaning a little house and sending a message to the rest of the program. This is only going to be a good thing for the Gator football program. Nice one MusChampion!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema