• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Alex Tyus Will Stay at Florida

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
About two weeks ago, reports came out that Gator basketball F/C Alex Tyus was going to transfer from UF. He had spoken to and received permission from Head Coach Billy Donovan to be relieved from the University of Florida. Tyus was apparently upset with his lack of playing time at the small forward spot, a position where Tyus would likely fit if he has NBA dreams. However, just two days ago Tyus had a change of heart and decided to stay with the Florida Gators for the 2009-2010 season.

"The University of Florida is where I want to be," Tyus said in a statement Tuesday. "I truly feel this is the best place for me to continue to grow and improve and I look forward to this upcoming season."

The Gators already lost Jai Lucas at the start of last season and Nick Calathes who recently declared for the NBA draft (though he hasn't signed an agent). The loss of Tyus would have been devastating to a team that is on the verge of becoming a NCAA Tourny team.

With Boynton, Kadji, and Macklin all looking for playing time in the No. 4 and No. 5 slots, Tyus will likely get his wish this coming year and get to showcase his skills as a small forward. He is right... at 6'8" he really doesn't have the skill set to be an NBA center or even a power forward.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema