• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ah, Bourbon Street

News Bot

News Bot
One of the many perks of my job is the trips we get to take and it seems like I’ve been to New Orleans so often I should have voting rights here.
I always take one trip to Bourbon Street. One is enough per visit. I went there last night and enjoyed the food and sights and sounds. To be honest, it was kind of dead. One of the waiters told me it’s as quiet as it has been in weeks. But there were still people parading up and down the street with beers in hand. There are no open container laws on Bourbon.
I saw one guy who was completely silver. Silver tux, silver paint, silver hair. He had a silver fake alligator on a leash and was doing the whole statue thing. I also came across a wonderful band. They played “Melissa” and “Sister Golden Hair” back to back and they were really good.
Now, it’s back to business. Jimmy today at the Arena.
My favorite trips to NOLA:
1. 1996 — Unbelievable New Year’s Eve followed by Florida winning its first national title in football.
2. 2007 — Gators won the first two rounds of the NCAAs on their way to a repeat. Ate at one of those Brazilian steak houses. Had a meat hangover the next day.
3. 2009 — As crazy as it was the first two days with Urban Meyer’s resignation/return, had a memorable New Year’s Eve on a balcony on Bourbon.
4. 2000 — Florida in Sugar Bowl, basketball played here and also covered the Saints playoff game where Willie Jackson went off. And interviewed the New Orleans Defensive coordinator — Ron Zook.
5. 1985 — Came here because Jacksonville was supposedly in the running to land the Saints. Great time. Saints stayed put.

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema