• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

After leaving Gators, Adam Lane reportedly headed to E. Kentucky

News Bot

News Bot
When Florida announced Sunday that Adam Lane had decided to transfer from the Gators, the stated reason was that the running back “has some family issues that he is dealing with and wants to be closer to home” in Winter Haven Fla. Instead of getting closer to home, though, he’s moving further away. Much, much…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He'll rip it UP at E KY--but WTF is that about, anyway? Don't wanna make any further comment for now, what with only explanation so far being "family reasons": Could mean anything, including serious life-issues that make football (yes, even football) a secondary consideration for a young man and the people he most cares about, and who care about him. (BUT...well, he was "comin' ON" out there, a rising feature on the Gator depth chart, make no mistake--and preseason national media focus--or lack thereof--notwithstanding, that's potential "big fish in BIG pond" territory with the talent in that Gator backfield...as opposed to, well, that's where and why I need to just stop right there, wish he and his family well, and see what, if anything further we hear).

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Coach Mac is just being respectful of Adam Lane's reputation and privacy by citing "family reasons". Adam is from Winter Haven, Florida. Eastern Kentucky is much further from family. Let's be honest here. Adam struggled to get playing time and when he tore it up at the Birmingham Bowl as the MVP he still was named the #2 RB. Last month he expressed his frustration with a minor run-in with the law (leaving a bowling alley without paying the bill).

I wish him luck, but I hope he learns to deal with life's frustrations in other ways. Kudos to Coach Mac for sticking to a silly cover story just to preserve the kid's reputation.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Coach Mac is just being respectful of Adam Lane's reputation and privacy by citing "family reasons". Adam is from Winter Haven, Florida. Eastern Kentucky is much further from family. Let's be honest here. Adam struggled to get playing time and when he tore it up at the Birmingham Bowl as the MVP he still was named the #2 RB. Last month he expressed his frustration with a minor run-in with the law (leaving a bowling alley without paying the bill).

I wish him luck, but I hope he learns to deal with life's frustrations in other ways. Kudos to Coach Mac for sticking to a silly cover story just to preserve the kid's reputation.
Thanks for filling me in. Been so outta touch I knew only vaguely of "some minor run-in".
Thing is, he DID look so good in our barely-a-Bowl, in that moribund offense it turned out to be one of the few "glad I watched it after all"s. Oh well, I think you nailed it right on, E: All signs point to frustration and impatience--I almost continued, "...of youth" there, but truth is it's a weakness and lesson we all are prey to sometimes. From where we're standing, I think he was closer to his dreams than he realized, but if Coach Mac couldn't convince him of that, well, here's where we are.
Like I said, he'll tear it up immediately in THAT (relatively) "small pond"--and it may well still get him a pro-shot, ultimately, if that's what he wants and he stays healthy. As you say, we wish him well.
(We aren't as deep now, but we should remain pretty damn strong at RB--going into 2015 season AND BEYOND...As I recall, got at least a coupla GOOD ones, "much sought after" prospects on the way)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema