• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A.C. Leonard out with a knee injury, Clay Burton moves positions

travisduncan

Gator Fan
-Freshman tight end A.C. Leonard tore the meniscus his left knee during Saturday's practice. He underwent surgery and will be out six to eight weeks recovering, Will Muschamp said Wednesday.

Freshman defensive end Clay Burton will switch from defensive end to tight end, to add depth at the position.

Muschamp said Wednesday "We think everything’s going to be fine."

"We’re very disappointed. [Leonard's] up to speed on everything we’re doing. He’ll be in the meetings. It’s a scope procedure. We feel like we can ge t him back if he heals quickly."

-Junior defensive end Lerentee McCray had a telling quote about the difference between Urban Meyer and his coaching staff and Muschamp's staff.

“He treats us like adults," said McCray. "He give us standards and then we’ve got to be held to those standards. If we mess up, that’s our fault. He doesn’t baby us and treat us like kids. He treats us like adults.”

-Jeff Demps has been named to the The Paul Hornung Award watch list. The award is given annually by the Louisville Spots Club to the most versatile player in major college football

-The cupboard is not bare concerning QB's on the Gators roster, there are 3 freshman QB's on the roster but on Monday, Class of 2013 QB Eddie Printz from Lassiter, Ga was at practice.

-ESPN's Jesse Palmer was on campus this week to tape "All-Access" with the Gators. In total it provides a nice inside look at the facilities more than anything else.

Charlie Weis did have one interesting point during a live look at a QB meeting, "We predicate our whole offensive on the quarterback being an extension of the coaching staff. So if the QB struggles on something, we just throw it out."

Attachments

• imagesacleonard.jpg
    imagesacleonard.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 96

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Not good news about Leonard. He's a physical beast. Hopefully he will be good to go for most of the October games.

Throw out things that the QB is not good at. Not sure how I feel about that. Last year we never let Burton throw, we took out Reed just as the offense was gaining momentum, and we tried and failed with everything with Brantley.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I get confused about "the Burtons"--I first thought that moving "Clay Burton" to tight end meant a DOUBLE loss--that we were losing a possibly productive part in our offense, the "F-back" that WEIS has created in order to take advantage of TREY Burton's multiple skills and athleticism...Yeah, I've got it straight now, I think--it's his brother "Clay" who is the DE who has been switched to tight end, right? (Still, though, I know we were short at DE coming in this season after missing on several prize recruits we had targeted to other programs in the South...What is our situation there? Does anyone know who and what we've "got" to anchor the D-line? I KNOW we don't have the depth to absorb injuries, there least of all. You need a guy who's big AND fast; DE is going to be a problem this season.)

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
91 Earl Okine DE 6' 7" 272 RJR 1L Gainesville/Gainesville
34 Lerentee McCray DE 6' 2" 246 RJR 2L Ocala/Dunnellon
93 Kedric Johnson DE 6' 4" 226 RSO 1L Palmetto/Palmetto
94 Gerry Marseille DE 6' 2" 218 SO SQ Miami/Booker T. Washington
90 Evan Holmes DE 6' 2" 227 FR HS St. Petersburg/Lakewood
96 William Green DE 6' 4" 256 SR 3L Hoover, Ala./Spain Park
97 Tevin Westbrook DE 6' 5" 279 FR HS Coconut Creek/North Broward Prep
92 Lynden Trail DE 6' 6" 251 RFR SQ Miami/Booker T. Washington
4 Sharrif Floyd DT 6' 3" 295 SO 1L Philadelphia, Pa./George Washington
44 Leon Orr DT 6' 5" 310 RFR SQ New Port Richey/Gulf
2 Dominique Easley DT 6' 2" 282 SO 1L Staten Island, N.Y./Curtis
6 Jaye Howard DT 6' 3" 303 RSR 3L Apopka/Jones
99 Omar Hunter DT 6' 1" 305 RJR 2L
Buford, Ga./Buford

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
just copied and pasted from gatorzone.com

Gerry Marsielle is a walk-on. Evan Holmes might be too. I think Tevin Westbrook is scholarship, but not sure.

DE does not worry me because I think the Buck position plays as a DE. But only 5 DTs, if one or two go down then we could be in trouble.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I see what you mean...but even at DT (where I DO remember we missed out on some in-state 5-star guys who went elsewhere, part of that seeming procession of bad news on the recruiting trail that marked the winter months just after Coach M was hired) it appears we're relying on untried walk-ons, to some extent--certainly for depth.
You're right, though: looks like DT is where there are real depth concerns. The ones we've got have all kinds of upside, but...(insert prayer here)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema