• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

98 Days to Florida Gator Football: Elijah Williams

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Elijah Williams of Milton, Florida played running back, kick returner, and defensive back for Steve Spurrier's Florida Gators from 1994 to 1997, sharing the backfield with Fred Taylor. He was the leading rusher in 1995 and 1996, and notched memorable 100-yard games against LSU and Auburn in 1996. After the national championship season in 1996, Elijah moved to defensive back, where he was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the 6th round. Career Rushing: 349 Att, 2187 Yds, 6.3 Avg, 15 TD Career. Receiving: 842 Yds. Defense: 1 Int, 11 Yds, 0 TD.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, memory is strange, huh? I'd all but blanked out Johnny Rutledge entirely 'til you ranked him here, and in Elijah's case I'd totally forgotten how he'd totally changed his focus to defense (like a lot of guys, he'd played both ways in highschool and was viewed as an "athlete" who could go either way) in his senior year in order to get a better shot at the pros--AFTER three great years in the offensive backfield (superb counterpoint to Fred Taylor), culminating in his key role in our '96 National Championship run. Now I'm wondering how many more of those kinds of "Oh yeah"s are ahead for me the next few weeks.

(Btw, '97 turned out to be a pretty disappointing season, following the Nat'l Championship year...we started strong then took some losses against SEC-rivals that pretty well doomed all our dreams--and only a GREAT win at home against the 'Noles to end the season salvaged our pride. Alligator Army has links to the YouTube highlights of that game, known in some circles as "The Greatest Game Ever Played In the Swamp". I recommend them--even though AA HAS basically ripped off E's approach here to counting down to Game 1, 2012, with their "100 for 100" day-by-day list of great Gators and Gator moments...last year they caught on late , calling it "50 for 50", and I didn't say anything--but at this point, I mean, "Guys--there're a LOT of different ideas and options out there, know what I'm sayin'?")

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema