• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

77 Days to Gator Football: Travis McGriff

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
William Travis McGriff of Gainesville, Florida, hails from a long line of Gators. His grandfather ran track for the university, his father was a walk-on receiver and former assistant, his father's cousin was a receiver that later went into state politics, and that cousin's son played tight end for the Gators only a few years before Travis arrived on campus. Travis played receiver for Steve Spurrier from 1995 to 1998, where he made an immediate impact on the 1995 and 1996 SEC championship teams, as well as the 1996 Bowl Alliance National Championship team. Travis had a stellar senior year marked by a noteworthy 222 yards receiving against South Carolina, 10 touchdowns over the the course of the season, the SEC record for season receiving totals with 1357 yards, first team All SEC honors, and third team All American honors.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, once again, I am SO glad you are doing this: These guys deserve to be noted once again, remembered and appreciated, and as I've said elsewhere, in too many cases we rooted for them, cheered their play, and then moved on. If they didn't have notable pro-careers, like everyone else I've mainly forgotten about them. If I met them somewhere and had occasion to be introduced, or otherwise heard their names, I would remember and shake their hands, thank them each and tell them how much pleasure I got in watching them play (this has happened in several instances--and I could tell by the look in their eyes and the firm squeeze of their handshake how much it meant to each former player), but failing that, this is at least a start in that direction.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Bonus factoid of the day: Travis' cousin, Ryan, is one of seven quarterbacks on the 2012 roster.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Also he was Mark Wahlberg's stunt double in Invinceable, a story about a 30 year old making the Eagles in the 1970's.
Which one--Travis or Ryan? (I assume Travis) Anyway, good to know! Thanks for that one, LF...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema