• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

10 Days to Florida Gator Football! #10 Jabar Gaffney

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)

10 – Jabar Gaffney

Derrick Jabar Gaffney played wide receiver for Steve Spurrier‘s Florida Gators from 2000-2001 after redshirting the 1999 season. He was a First Team All SEC and All American receiver in his first year as a starter, as well as his second and final college year. In 2001 he won the prestigious Paul Warfield Award as the nation’s top collegiate receiver and was team MVP. Jabar is the son of former Gator receiver Derrick Gaffney (1974-1977), nephew of former Gator QB Don Gaffney (1973-1975), and cousin to Gator defensive back Lito Shephard (1999-2001). Jabar finished with 2375 yards on 138 receptions with 27 touchdowns. He is the only Gator in history with multiple 1000-yard receiving seasons. Jabar was a 2nd round draft pick for the Houston Texans in 2002, and he played for several teams until 2012.

Fun fact: Jabar Gaffney has a career passing record of 2 completions on 3 attempts for 49 yards.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Probably my all time favorite wr at uf. But I'm bias, because that 2001 team (spurrier's last year) was my favorite team. If not for 9/11 we beat Tennessee early in the season and I think we would have been playing in the natty.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I agree that the chaos of 9/11 rescheduling the Tennessee game threw off the Gators. The Gators might have been looking ahead to the national title against Miami, since all the media were clamoring for a Sunshine State shootout in the national title game. Florida was blasting opponents by almost 40 points a game, and the media were expecting the #2 Gators to roll over Tennessee and make the national title game exciting. Alas, things did not turn out that way. Spurrier believed this was his best team, and I am apt to believe him despite my bias towards the 1996 national champion team.

awebbf5

VIP Member
I agree with spurrier as much as I love the 96 team, that squad was so sick and grossman got ripped out of the Heisman also. US vs the u would have been a better national championship.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
First all F--K Bin Laden and Al-Qeada. Only other evil organization besides the NCAA to F--K the Gators out of a national championship though one could make a case that the Gators were looking ahead and took the Vols lightly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema