• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

‘Family issues’ trigger Adam Lane’s transfer from Gators

News Bot

News Bot
Two weeks after an off-field incident, Florida’s backfield depth is suddenly a little thinner. In a statement, Jim McElwain announced that Adam Lane has decided to transfer out of his UF football program. According to the first-year head coach, unspecified “family issues” triggered the running back’s decision to move on from the Gators. “Adam Lane…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn. I mean, we have some "promising"-to-"bout to be great" seeming-studs back there still, but this kid was COMIN' ON...Anyone know the full "back story" on this one? Not that it really matters, I guess: Another brick in the ongoing wall of "can't catch a break" Gator-tales of late. One more reason we are out in the wasteland of "not worth a look" media apathy. I had a "U"-themed (Canes-flag flying from the antenna, even--as if that matching paint scheme-and-door-decals wasn't enough) pick-up full of local gold-chained aging fratboys pull up beside me, mocking "arm-clapping" Gator "Eat 'em Up!" at me (my car is Royal Blue, yes--but only a discreet "Gator Alumnus" license frame added), honking and laughing as they cut me off and roared away.
Sigh. Only onfield results will make any difference from here on out. It's on Coach Mac and the offense, now--so losing ANY potential playmaker is another blow. I'm assuming, deeply hopin'and prayin', really, that it is as much talent and depth ON THE FIELD, as much as coaching, that made our D so good--and that the new regime, themselves no slouches in that dept., will be able to at least maintain the high standard our former Coach (undoubtedly a fine D-COORDINATOR-- the "BUT..." I won't bother getting into here being the PROBLEM, after all).
Anyway, time to just hunker down, see what we've got and where we're going--and TRY not to worry about what ANYONE has to say or (as with the media, in the annual pre-schedule run-up) NOT say about us. A time for patience, determination, big shoulders and a TOUGH SKIN.
Think I'll address this very issue in its own thread.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Sports fans in general need to have thick skin, but Gator fans need to have even thicker skin because we are in the SEC and we are between two powerhouse rivals.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema